When we talk about consulting to improve your business’s operations, a list of services can fall short of accurately describing what I might be able to do for you. The reason is simple: Every business is unique. Every business takes on its own dynamic over time, its own way of operating.
I focus on solving problems for you in the following areas, based on my years of experience and my expertise –
- Project Management – Especially client-side project management for system implementations, including training and change management
- Interim COO – I have years of experience managing people, processes, and product delivery; including strategy development and implementation
- Interim Controller – I have a unique understanding of accounting and how business operations and accounting support each other
In general, you can expect us to follow a simple but effective process for addressing operational issues in your business:
Let’s Understand the Problem First
Initially, we’re going to take some time to arrive at a clear understanding of what you think is limiting your business, what’s preventing it from growing to that next level or operating in a way that maximizes profitability.
What, exactly, don’t you like about what’s happening in your business? What, exactly, is your perception of the problems you need to solve?
Then We Get to Work
After we attain some clarity about the problems you want to solve or the improvements you want to make, I’ll give you a short, actionable proposal describing the services I’ll deliver to you in my capacity as a consultant, the initial timeline, how we’ll stay on track, and proposed cost. In most cases, it will be exactly what you wanted to see, because we’ve spent some time up front attaining clarity. We sign a simple agreement, and we get to work.
Expect to Conference Often
We can set whatever check-in works for you in terms of frequency, but expect it to be regular. My recommendations to you take place in a dynamic environment. Your business continues to operate, and by definition, continues to repeat the shortfalls in operations you hired me to help rectify. I take the approach that I’m here to solve problems and help move your business ahead. And that takes paying attention and giving it the time it deserves. It takes timely action.
Where I Can Help
Every consulting relationship is highly customized to solve the specific problems you need to solve. While I have broad experiences, those experiences center around the Chief Operations Officer role. Here are a few areas in which I’ve successfully worked:
- Management and implementation of Business Systems, especially change management and training associated with system implementations.
- Strategic Planning and Development including detailed action plans and follow up that drive successful adoption of strategic plans.
- Functional leadership of Operations Management, Accounting, Credit & Collections, and Order Management activities, including e-commerce businesses.
- Procurement management, driving process improvement and cost reduction in the Procurement area.
- Management of in-house and outsourced manufacturing and distribution.
- Implementation of business metrics and scorecards, including variance analysis of P&L.
- Cross-functional leadership to ensure initiatives and new products were successfully launched.
Ready to Talk?
Contact Me Today
I had the pleasure to work directly with Mark as we collectively defined, developed and executed an aggressive and highly integrated transition plan involving electronics manufacturing, order fulfillment and service support. As a direct result of Mark’s leadership, organizational skills, and operational expertise the transition was on-time and seamless to the end customers. I truly enjoyed working directly with Mark during the past few years and am honored to provide this recommendation. ˮ
Steve Twitchell – VP Business Development and Sales Operations at PRIDE Industries